VeganCleopatra

VeganCleopatra

Sex on Earth: A Celebration of Animal Reproduction
Jules Howard

Going Bovine

Going Bovine - Libba Bray I have read both [b:The Diviners|7728889|The Diviners (The Diviners, #1)|Libba Bray|https://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1336424966s/7728889.jpg|10501517] and [b:Beauty Queens|9464733|Beauty Queens|Libba Bray|https://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1289410187s/9464733.jpg|10808145] by Libba Bray and have enjoyed both. So I was expecting to enjoy Going Bovine, a book with a quirky storyline written by a quirky author. Sounded good. Unfortunately, I was left unimpressed. The initial pages were pretty good, Cameron was honest with a few funny lines. However, things quickly went downhill for me as Cameron's behavior became erratic. Ultimately this behavior is due to his having Mad Cow Disease, a unique disease choice for a character I must say. The scientific aspect of the disease was not dealt with but apparently Cameron had a prion-laced burger very young because I believe mad cow's incubation period in humans in much more than 10 years (although nothing is definitive) and if his health was already so deteriorated it must have been much earlier (say, before he was born). But this isn't really necessary information because the book is wackadoodle in general and I did not enjoy the trip. It came off as a 60s mind trip but lacked believability, it didn't help that I warmed to none of the characters from the beginning.

Overall a disappointment but I will read more Libba Bray regardless.