VeganCleopatra

VeganCleopatra

Sex on Earth: A Celebration of Animal Reproduction
Jules Howard

Sins & Needles

Sins & Needles - Karina Halle I've read a number of Karina Halle's books but I was still extremely hesitant to read Sins & Needles. The contemporary romance category and I do not tend to get along, in fact I often end up despising the books and wondering what the hell the reviewers on GR are thinking. So unfortunately I was fearful of yet another Fifty Shades of Crap. Thankfully I was ever so wrong, Karina Halle did not disappoint.

Sins & Needles turned out to be completely unexpected, with a main character in Ellie that I liked within the first few pages. Both main characters are well-drawn and I enjoyed that Halle managed to make Camden a likable character while also establishing his strength without going into misogyny territory. The novel is not without its flaws, I found a few of the situations implausible or rushed but overall the book is an addicting read.

I'm quite interested in seeing the direction Halle chooses to go in this series and the answers that will be answered. I'm not quite believing that Javier is as cut and dry bad as Ellie is trying to make him appear.