VeganCleopatra

VeganCleopatra

Sex on Earth: A Celebration of Animal Reproduction
Jules Howard

Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking

Quiet. The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking - Susan  Cain I have never read a book that explained so much about the person I am. I knew prior to reading this book that I was a proud introvert and adverse to parties, noise and definitely needed alone time and so on and so forth. But I absolutely loved that this book explained, via physiology and various studies, why I am that way. And you know what? I'm not alone and judging by society you would think I was. It was nice to have validation for the person I am and while I was already very comfortable with the person I am, I feel those brief moments of doubt when faced by the gregarious amongst us will easily be nullified thanks to this book. So much of this book spoke to me and I think both introverts and extroverts should read it. This should come in a compact pamphlet version so we can hand them out whenever necessary. No, I don't want to go to your party....here's a pamphlet, no I really do find my book more entertaining than you....here's a pamphlet, yes I really am perfectly happy sitting here in peace and quiet without you bothering me.....here's a pamphlet.....and so on and so forth.

Despite my ready attachment to being introverted, I also found I do have a few extroverted tendencies as well: confrontational, unafraid to speak my mind, don't embarrass easily (blush? what blush?) and I generally don't care what people think. Despite these strong extroverted qualities I am absolutely more of an introvert, but I definitely won't let you take advantage of that.

I'm still weird for many reasons, but at least some of them are easy to explain now. :)