VeganCleopatra

VeganCleopatra

Sex on Earth: A Celebration of Animal Reproduction
Jules Howard

Shards and Ashes

Shards and Ashes - Kami Garcia, Margaret Stohl, Melissa Marr, Carrie Ryan, Veronica Roth, Nancy Holder, Rachel Caine, Beth Revis, Kelley Armstrong April 2013

I only read two stories in this anthology as I only like two of the authors.

Branded by Kelley Armstrong: 4 stars

Branded was by far the best short in the anthology, as was to be expected. The story is well written and engrossing as I've come to expect from Armstrong. The world could easily be made into another series. Rayne is a great character and I love how we are not fully in on her plans. You get constant little inklings here or there that could go either way, but all along you know Rayne is being deceitful-we just don't know to what degree. Overall I really enjoyed the world created and Rayne as a character. I would love to know what happened after the short ended.

Love is a Choice by Beth Revis: 3.5 stars

This was an interesting look into the life of Orion after he escapes death by the Eldest (when he is in hiding). I almost came to feel bad for the guy while reading this, and I really could not say that for the entire series. But overall I was not really surprised by the ending and Orion showed his true colors (even if they were logically evil). This character of Mag though--I wonder if she was mentioned in the series and I've forgotten?