VeganCleopatra

VeganCleopatra

Sex on Earth: A Celebration of Animal Reproduction
Jules Howard

A Brush of Darkness (Abby Sinclair, Book 1)

A Brush of Darkness (Abby Sinclair, Book 1) - Allison Pang A Brush of Darkness begins with an awful cover and ends with ridiculous characters. First of all, the cover may be terrible but it is not indicative of the main character who dresses nothing like this. I'd be fine if she did, I just do not understand the correlation between the cover and the story. Publishers: can we please start making covers that actually indicate what is inside? Thanks.

I tried to get into A Brush of Darkness but the characters really held me back. I only managed to finish about half the novel before giving up. I was first disappointed to realize that the story is not true UF, but more paranormal romance. Worse yet, the love interest is Brystion, an incubus who also happens to be a complete ass. Abby, our main character, is not quite "with it" enough for me to enjoy her as a main character. She seems too slow to pick up on things and says one thing and does another (like the back and forth with sleeping/not sleeping with Brystion). And the horny little unicorn? I thought it was going to be a humorous side plot but the unicorn doesn't speak and only goes around humping legs and making annoyed facial expressions. Gah.

It is often difficult to find a decent UF these days and unfortunately Pang's attempt failed....especially as it isn't true UF. I will not be continuing the series, I'll seek out better written UF.