VeganCleopatra

VeganCleopatra

Sex on Earth: A Celebration of Animal Reproduction
Jules Howard

Breakfast at Tiffany's

Breakfast at Tiffany's and Three Stories - Truman Capote I have not seen the movie inspired by this book, although I have always meant to due to the draw of Audrey Hepburn. However, while I am eager to watch the classic I wanted to first read the novel it is based on, albeit loosely (or so I've heard). Overall the story is well written and a bit surprising for the modern feel of it, especially some of the lingo. Holly Golightly is quite the eccentric individual but she is also deeply disturbed on some level which makes you feel for her. I would not say I would like Holly Golightly in real life, but I would like her more than the writer, aka narrator, of the story. There was something about him that felt off, or false overall. Parts of the story feel a bit haphazardly arranged, although largely scenes involving Holly, which may just be her impact on those around her. Some of the slang spoken was oddly similar to what we have today and the characters did feel as though they could have been any decade between then and now. However, this is certainly not politically correct for today and contains bigoted words, which can make the characters even less appealing.