VeganCleopatra

VeganCleopatra

Sex on Earth: A Celebration of Animal Reproduction
Jules Howard

The Thief (The Queen's Thief, Book 1)

The Thief - Megan Whalen Turner The Thief surprised me. I have heard that the second in the series is thoroughly entertaining but many had mixed opinions of this one. After having read The Thief I look forward to the rest of the series even more now.

The writing is well-done, the characters were well-drawn and entertaining and the world created is dynamic. There is much more to the world than we are privy to in The Thief and I look forward to the unfolding of the world and Gen's story. The world is loosely based on Greece and Greek mythology, which worked well. Gen, or Eugenides, is a thoroughly entertaining character and I loved being inside his head. He is funny, stubborn, smart and overall a bit of a pain (which can be great to read).

There were a few twists in the story, which are probably not difficult to ascertain if you really think about it. But that did not limit the entertainment factor for me. For me Gen stole the show and I look forward to spending more time in his head and world in the next books.