VeganCleopatra

VeganCleopatra

Sex on Earth: A Celebration of Animal Reproduction
Jules Howard

The Iron Duke (A Novel of the Iron Seas)

The Iron Duke -  Meljean Brook After taking nearly a month to complete The Iron Duke it is quite easy to say that I did not like it. I could not bring myself to read more than a few pages at a time before I was reminded why I did not like the book. The writing is heavy-handed and somewhat at a distance. I could not come to care for either of the two main characters. Mina was annoying and the "Iron Duke" was an arrogant ass. I'm simply not into male characters who wish to "possess" a woman or insist on conquering her the entire book. The worldbuilding was interesting but I felt like there were too much of it interfering with the characterization of individuals in the story. There would be paragraphs of boring information that you were never certain was important. I could not come to care for any of the characters and I certainly did not care if there was a HEA since there definitely was not one for me and this book. Overall I felt the book was irritating and boring, which is sad since I rather enjoyed a short story I read by the author.