VeganCleopatra

Sex on Earth: A Celebration of Animal Reproduction
Jules Howard

The Heist

The Heist - Lee Goldberg, Janet Evanovich 1.5 stars

Well The Heist is overall a disappointment, especially if you enjoy the Stephanie Plum series. While I was not expecting similarities, I did not find the ease of writing or well-drawn characters as found in Evanovich's Plum series. The characters in The Heist are not well-rounded and they come off a bit cliche. But the worst aspect of the book by far is the plot. This book read entirely like it was intended to be a movie and honestly they probably would not have to do much to turn it into one, including bothering to write a new script. Movies were also repeatedly mentioned as ways to set the mood I suppose but it just reinforced that this book was more of a stepping stone to a movie deal than a real attempt at an interesting mystery series. There were entirely too many unoriginal movie events that took place in this book and it also included a White Collar (tv series) "twist". There was little to no humor, the characters lacked appeal and the plot was atrocious. I'll be sticking to Evanovich's Plum series.