VeganCleopatra

VeganCleopatra

Sex on Earth: A Celebration of Animal Reproduction
Jules Howard

BabyCakes Covers the Classics: Gluten-Free Vegan Recipes from Donuts to Snickerdoodles - Erin  McKenna, Tara Donne Feb 2012

I'm not gluten-free, although I am vegan, and love trying new techniques in baking. I honestly find gluten-free baking a bit boring but I love tackling the nuances. However, the recipes I tried out of this book all ended poorly despite my following their instructions (something I do not generally do and cannot help but wonder if that was the problem!). I am confident in my baking skills and have no problem creating wonderful treats regularly so I have little doubt that the recipes were to blame. The cinnamon buns (rolls? I cannot remember how they referred to them) were especially horrid. My cinnamon bun-loving family could barely handle a bite. I'll stick to my non-GF but vegan sweet potato cinnamon buns....gosh they sound good about now. I do hope that those in the GF community have more success and enjoyment from the book. I always say that while people think vegans have it hard, GF individuals have it much worse. I've had MANY GF foods and, well, no thanks [generally].