VeganCleopatra

VeganCleopatra

Sex on Earth: A Celebration of Animal Reproduction
Jules Howard

Frostbitten (Women of the Otherworld)

Frostbitten (Women of the Otherworld, #10) - Kelley Armstrong 4.5 stars

After the disaster that was Broken, at least in terms of what I've come to expect from the werewolves of the Otherworld, I expected more of the same in Frostbitten. But I was very happily surprised to find that Frostbitten felt much more like the first two books in the series, Bitten and Stolen. Not only do the children take a major back seat but Elena and Clay felt like the same couple (albeit more mature) from Bitten/Stolen. The chemistry and comments that were missing in Broken were definitely available in this one. Armstrong also included many descriptions of wolf/bear etc. behaviors, which she always does a great job with and I missed in Broken. The thought processes of Elena were entertaining and informative without being overdone (no constant thoughts on pregnancy! yes!).

The mystery was excellent and the additional characters were a pleasure rather than a chore. Armstrong certainly rebounded after Broken and thankfully both Armstrong and Elena left the kids behind for this one. I now hope that Armstrong is able to do another werewolf book in the Otherworld series.