VeganCleopatra

Sex on Earth: A Celebration of Animal Reproduction
Jules Howard

My Life as A White Trash Zombie

My Life as A White Trash Zombie - Diana Rowland 1.5 stars

This was my first foray with a zombie-based book (perhaps "white trash" as well) and I do believe it may be my last. Vampires, werewolves, demons and other paranormal critters I am all for. Unfortunately, I just cannot jump on board with characters that crave brains regardless of how they handle it or act in general. I could not help but feel a bit queasy every time I pictured the bottles of blended brains or Angel (hated the name of the main character btw) chowing down on slices of someone's brain. Ugh, no thank you. The rating of the book reflects more my antagonism towards zombies than the writing itself, although Rowland has done better. Angel does not seem quite as "white trash" in her thoughts as one would think she should be, especially after all the pills and drinking she does. Such habits do kill brain cells after all (more brain, ugh) and she just seems too together mentally to be fully convincing. I will be sticking to Rowland's demon series, demons are great--no brains involved.