VeganCleopatra

VeganCleopatra

Sex on Earth: A Celebration of Animal Reproduction
Jules Howard

Cleopatra's Daughter: A Novel

Cleopatra's Daughter - Michelle Moran I thoroughly enjoy anything and everything having to do with my favorite person in history: Cleopatra. Therefore I was extremely interested in reading Moran's take on the life of Cleopatra's daughter after her mother's ultimate demise. Unfortunately there is not a wealth of information available regarding Selene, however, Moran did an excellent job in piecing together what is known and portraying it through historical fiction. I found the book thoroughly entertaining and it left me wanting more. I hope that Moran is able to commit to writing a sequel to the book.

There were a couple things that bothered me about the book, such as Moran's invention of the Red Eagle and making assumptions regarding some events (which is necessary considerings gaps in information available). But these are minor considering how well-written and engrossing the book was.

I went into the book fearing that it would be geared towards young adults, however, the novel was not written in such a fashion. As Moran stated in the book, the children were extremely well educated and came from an intelligent mother--they were most likely precocious and mature beyond their years. The age in which they lived must also be considered as people lived many less years and matured earlier as well.