VeganCleopatra

VeganCleopatra

Sex on Earth: A Celebration of Animal Reproduction
Jules Howard

Three Days to Dead (Dreg City, Book 1)

Three Days to Dead - Kelly Meding I purchased this book in one of those rare moments where I knew nothing of the book but the summary and the critic's opinions. The premise drew me to it and Jeaniene Frost's vote of approval sealed the deal for me. Thankfully I was not disappointed.

Evy wakes up in the morgue with no memory of how she came to be there and oh, she happens to be in a different body too. The opening line of the book is great: "I don't recall the first time I died, but I do remember the second time I was born." From there we are taken on a crazy journey in the 72 hours of bought time Evy has in this body in order to solve her murder and the conspiracy surrounding it.

The book is wonderfully written and you come to really like the characters, especially Evy. The paranormal "otherwordly" creatures included the book are well drawn and intriguing, although the number of them left it sometimes difficult to remember which creature did what etc.. Overall the book was highly entertaining and caused me to attach to the characters involved. I look forward to book 2!