VeganCleopatra

VeganCleopatra

Sex on Earth: A Celebration of Animal Reproduction
Jules Howard

Grimspace (Sirantha Jax, Book 1)

Grimspace - Ann Aguirre I am not a reader of science fiction and if my memory serves me correctly, this is my first go at it. Overall I enjoyed the story and the characters, which are written thoroughly and with flaws (one does get tired of "perfect" characters some authors throw one's way). Jax is a great character and while she has some mental issues ongoing, she is an entertaining and sincere character. March is the brooding hero/bad boy type, which you cannot help but like and I loved the interactions due to his Psi ability. Although I do wonder if Aguirre naming him "March" has a deeper meaning? The story had a nice mix of action, drama and humor.

As mentioned, I am not a connoisseur of sci-fi writing or shows. Quite frankly sci-fi themed movies and shows tend to bore the daylights out of me. So my only basis for sci-fi is Star Wars (original) and some Star Trek from my childhood...this made it somewhat difficult for me to accurately or clearly picture many things Aguirre spoke of (if one can ever accurately picture an author's world). This is both my fault and the fault of the author‘s, as I felt she did not describe things in much detail--including her characters. Personality-wise I know the characters well, but getting a firm grip on their looks was somewhat difficult.

I will continue in the series and look forward to more Jax and March. Hopefully their world will become clearer to me!