VeganCleopatra

VeganCleopatra

Sex on Earth: A Celebration of Animal Reproduction
Jules Howard

Kitty and the Midnight Hour (Kitty Norville, Book 1)

Kitty and the Midnight Hour - Carrie Vaughn Before reading the book the summary rather makes you feel like it is a typical paranormal attempt by an okay writer, unfortunately that feeling is accurate. This book is not the worst paranormal book I've read, but what kind of endorsement is that?

I believe the greatest issue I had with the book was Kitty's inability to find strength within herself and that she was constantly being utterly submissive. She lets her pack essentially mentally and physically abuse her without question, because hey they comfort her after right? I hope that Vaughn does not think that this is how true wolf packs act, because if that is the case she knows nothing about wolves! I think Vaughn's werewolves are just a bit too vindictive/crazy human mixed with fur.

In addition to that, a hitman is hired to kill Kitty. Well, needless to say he doesn't succeed because there are plenty more books in the series. However, after he attempts to kill her Kitty does not press charges. Then she starts calling him for help constantly and even ends up attracted to him. What? Can we say Kitty perhaps has issues with self-esteem and abuse? I think Kitty is mentally ill. I absolutely cannot stand a weak female, they make terrible humans (or werewolves) and terrible main characters for books!

Overall, the book lacked plot and compelling characters. I will not continue the series unless there nothing else to read. For such a short book it sure is packed with a lot of nonsense.