VeganCleopatra

VeganCleopatra

Sex on Earth: A Celebration of Animal Reproduction
Jules Howard

Some Girls Bite (Chicagoland Vampires, Book 1)

Some Girls Bite - Chloe Neill The main character Merit is a very likeable and strong character, entertaining as well. I greatly enjoyed the snarky comments throughout the book, it made it my kind of book! The relationship between Merit and Mallory is strong and a good stabilizer to the novel. The back and forth with the Merit-Ethan situation leaves you wondering how the future books will pan out. The end of novel has a good twist and makes you contemplate whether it will alter Merit as a person/vampire for good. The book may have been 5 stars, however, the similarities between many other vampire series in terms of how the vampires are was a bit of a downer and kind of decreased the enjoyment of the explanatory portions of the novel. I did not feel as though Neill added much of her own twist on the genre (although it may be difficult at this point), but the story itself was well done. Regardless, I look forward to the next installments of the series, let us hope there is more snarkiness to come.